At Glamorgan Community Kindergarten, we pride ourselves in getting your child ready for any Grade 1 program in the city. Our stimulating and happy kindergarten program nurtures the curiosity of each child so they will grow in knowledge and in confidence.
We offer a five-day-a-week, 10-month school year (September to June) Alberta Education approved program for children who will turn five on or before December 31st of their kindergarten year.
NEW – JUNIOR KINDERGARTEN OPTION! Children must turn 4 before May 1, 2022 to be eligible to enroll and will have to pay tuition for the year ($380 per month). Both Junior and Senior Kindergarteners will attend class together with the Juniors having age appropriate learner expectations and additional support as needed. We have limited Junior spaces available for children ready for more of a challenge but not yet old enough to attend Kindergarten.
- Morning Class: 8:45-11:30 a.m. Monday – Friday
- Afternoon Class: 12:15-3:40 p.m. Monday – Thursday
Benefits of Glamorgan Community Kindergarten
Five days a week: exceeds the 475 hours required by Alberta Education
Home Visits: our teacher will visit your child in his/her home prior to the first day of school
Access to an Occupational Therapist and/or Speech Language Pathologist
Small class sizes: maximum of 18 per class, usually smaller
Access to a small gymnasium in the church and a playground nearby
A free T-shirt for your child to wear proudly for special events or on a daily basis
New Children’s Visit: your child will be invited to visit for 1 hour in June to get a taste of Kindergarten
Home reading program and a dynamic early literacy program
Wonderful field trips and engaging presentations
Our Typical Day
What can your child expect during a typical day in our classroom?
Our program fosters intellectual, social, emotional, creative, and physical development.
We are always busy having fun and learning new things!
We receive the majority of our funding from Alberta Education with the expectation that we employ a certified teacher, teach the approved curriculum and follow all policies and guidelines set out by Alberta Education. However, Glamorgan Community Kindergarten is unique in its ability to offer families a variety of choices to enhance their child’s kindergarten experience.
“Can’t say enough about this wonderful program, environment and educator we are fortunate enough to have here. It is worth any drive or inconvenience to have your kids here. Seize the day if you get the chance. You will never regret it.”Carol-Ann Bezooyen Mysyk
“Best kindergarten in Calgary, hands down! My kids LOVED it and were more than prepared for grade 1. They are in grades three and six now and still say Mrs. Driedger is their favorite teacher!”Wendy Feldmeyer
Options at Glamorgan Community Kindergarten
- Your child may attend either a morning or afternoon class five days a week without paying any tuition, as the Alberta Government fully funds half-day Kindergarten. The advantages of our program include small class sizes (maximum 18, usually smaller), effective child/teacher ratios, as well as the additional services of an Occupational and/or Speech Therapist, if needed.
- You may opt to pay tuition to enroll your child for their first year of Kindergarten in our program, assuring your child a placement in your neighbourhood school, or the school of your choice, for a second year of Kindergarten. This will also ensure a secure Grade One placement. Your child must turn 5 on or before December 31st of their kindergarten school year to be eligible to attend. If you choose this path, tuition is based on Alberta Education’s budget which is presented in the spring of each year. Tuition can be paid in one installment or monthly installments.
- You may also opt to pay tuition for your child to attend our Kindergarten program while also enrolled in your neighbourhood Kindergarten or other school of your choice, thus offering a full-day option for your child.